Ninth Brain (http://www.ninthbrain.com/) is a professional services firm that enables first responder organizations to focus on what’s important; less on paperwork and more on saving lives. Launched in 2001, Ninth Brain is a Michigan based software suite that provides a centralized solution to help organizations with maintaining their daily operations, such as tracking required credentials, providing a robust learning management system, creating forms/checklists, managing workforce scheduling, and much more.
Position: Technical Project Manager
Job Industry: Information Technology
Job Location: Telecommute position available in the state of Michigan
Job Duration: Full-Time position
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience
Relevant Work Experience: 5 years or greater
Project Managers are responsible for making software projects come to fruition while delighting clients, so they beg for more. In this job, you’ll manage budgets of all sizes, excessive client expectations, surly developers, aloof architects, and an omnipresent clock loudly ticking away the days on your precious project plan. With the patience of a preschool teacher and the brawn of a linebacker, Project Managers focus on the scope while balancing quality, cost, and schedule. Besides spending a significant amount of time communicating, you will also produce project documentation and artifacts, support UX and development specialists, report on project status and metrics, lead the implementation of products, and learn about software development best practices on the Ninth Brain platform. Because the position straddles the business and technical realms, Project Managers at Ninth Brain are exposed to more case studies than MBA hopefuls.
- You wake up in the morning thinking about how to make software teams work better with efficiency, quality & integrity.
- You understand the slings and arrows, as well as the glories, of professional services consulting. And you still want to apply for this job.
- You can synthesize a client’s priorities, requirements, budget, and timeline into an effective project plan for delivery.
- You put a high value in collaboration with both the client and your project team and believe transparency is crucial for a successful delivery.
- You have an uncanny knack for summarizing statuses, risks, dependencies, decisions, and schedules so clients and stakeholders stay informed and invested.
- You are well practiced at delivering tough messages to clients.
- You raise issues quickly instead of sweeping them under the carpet.
- You are not afraid to ask for help.
- Can navigate JIRA with your eyes closed
- You know how to lead, communicate with, and inspire and motivate all key players.
- You believe passionately that done is better than perfect.
- You are ready to hit the ground running & make project teams ask, “where you have been all my life?”
- You are not intimidated by client executives and are comfortable and clear in communicating, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver software projects by leading and collaborating with clients, Product Owners, Technical Architects, Business Analysts, UX/UI Designers, and Developers
- Prepare business requirements, project plans, resource plans, and project deliverables based on collaboration with clients throughout an agile software development process.
- Identify impacts to project timelines, negotiate scope and escalate project issues with the team and clients, and identify change order opportunities if needed.
- Document & communicate both internally and externally the project processes, decisions, risks, status, and everything else required to deliver and support a successful project.
- Manage and mentor internal and external team members to best leverage their skills.
- Track your time and review time entered by team members against the client’s budget.
- Ensure high quality deliverables and testing oversight when needed through the QA process.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or related field using Agile methodologies, or related work experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing software development projects and/or software implementation projects
- 4+ years’ experience as a Technical Project Manager
- 2+ years of professional services consulting experience
- Familiarity with SAAS, at a business user level
- Experience and success leading truly Agile development teams.
- Experience and success leading truly Waterfall development teams. (Ugh, I know)
- Comfortable working with and managing remote teams and coordinating with key stakeholders spread across multiple time zones.
- Familiar with agile process management tools such as JIRA, Zenhub, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Rally, etc.
- Possesses technical aptitude and ability to understand at a high-level technical principle such as SSO and API integrations.
- Ability to juggle and successfully deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail.
- Agile ScrumMaster certification or equivalent experience
- Completed and can describe successful software development builds or implementations
- PMP Certification or equivalent
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org